If you, or someone you know, are experiencing a paranormal activity in your home or workplace you can rely on the Beyond Belief Paranormal team to assist you.
When you contact the team you can expect to be listened to with compassion and treated with respect, including respect for your anonymity and personal information. The Beyond Belief team abides by the Protection of Personal Information Act (PIPA) and ensure that information is collected and stored in accordance with this. For further information please refer to the website of the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner http://www.oipc.bc.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58&Itemid=78
The following is an overview of what you can expect after you contact Beyond Belief Paranormal Events about a haunted location or paranormal experience:
A member of the Beyond Belief team will interview you (the client) to understand what activity is being experienced. We have a comprehensive information collection form which will be used to get as full of a picture from you as possible.
This interview will be undertaken away from the location. Please note that if there is a child or children involved in the activity, a certified child counselor who works with Beyond Belief may be consulted to ensure that the child's best interests are represented by an experienced and professionally qualified practitioner.
It is the policy of Beyond Belief not to undertake an investigation with a child present on site and that any minor under the age of 18 not be present should an investigation go forward. In addition, any information provided from Beyond Belief Paranormal Events to the client in regards to the investigation findings should not be shared with minors. This policy is to ensure that our work with you, the client is child centered.
From that initial interview the team will determine if an investigation is the best course of action.
A member of the team will discuss with you the level of confidentiality you wish to maintain. At all times your right to privacy and confidentiality will be maintained and all members of the team will abide by this.
Members of the team will conduct research about the location which might include collecting witness statements, Internet research and document review.
Members of the team will visit the location and map out where the activity is occurring and undertake baseline readings, e.g. EMF and ambient temperature. They will also try to find normal reasons for any of the activity being experienced.
If the initial findings indicate that an investigation is warranted you can expect:
Members of the team will undertake an investigation (possibly overnight) which will include the use of equipment and activities to document activity and communicate with any spirit that might be present.
The team will review the footage after the investigation and write an investigation report which outlines any personal experiences, rational reasons determined, etc.
Client De-Brief and Next Steps
A meeting with the you (the client) will take place to present the investigation report, any evidence documented, our view of whether the location is experiencing paranormal activity or not. Next steps will be discussed which could include further investigations, research, energy clearing, etc.
Please note: Members of the Beyond Belief team are experienced at undertaking spirit rescue, energy clearing and space cleaning. Between them they have many years experience of doing this and do so in a respectful and safe way. This is undertaken in a supportive and respectful way. However, the team will work within your own spiritual belief system and will reach out to the religious community of your choice to assist with energy clearing or space cleansing.
HINTS AND TIPS:
- Firstly, most unexplained activity can be explained! Look for reasonable and rational reasons why this event may have occurred. In my experience only a small number of cases I have been consulted on were true hauntings
- Try not to attribute every little thing to spirit activity. Often, when people are experiencing activity they become hyper-sensitive to any noise, feeling, cold breezes, etc. and immediately jump to it being more evidence of a haunting. Try to remain focused and objective about what you are experiencing. Keep a journal of your experiences - often writing events down can help you to be objective about what is happening
- Don't be embarrassed or think you are going mad! More people than you think have experienced some sort of paranormal activity. Be objective, but trust yourself!
- If you do believe you have a spirit in your home or work place it might be a loved one or someone you knew. Many clients I have worked with were experiencing spirit but it was a member of the family who had passed on or a friend or someone close to them. Trust your feelings and look for validation of who they are
- Establish your boundaries and reclaim your space. Don't allow fear to dis-empower you. If you believe you do have a spirit in your home tell them they are frightening you and ask them to stop. In my experience, the majority of spirits respect this and will back off. However, sometimes you do have to get assertive and tell them to go away! Remember you are powerful and have the right to your space!
- If the activity continues, document what you are experiencing, including dates, times, length of time the activity occurs, who was present, photographic or video footage and weather conditions.
- If you are struggling with what is happening and want to reach out to a paranormal group like Beyond Belief or a Clairvoyant/Medium - the following questions are good to ask to make sure you are getting the right help:
- What experience do you have? Listen for number of years investigating or consulting with private clients, number of clients or investigations undertaken. You want to bring in a group or individual with lots of experience of this type of work.
- Is there anyone you have helped that will be willing to provide a reference? Testimonials and references are a great way of checking out a groups or individuals expertise and approach.
- What is your approach? You will want to understand how the individual or group approaches this work. Do they come in to document activity or do they have experience of clearing or cleansing space also.
- What equipment will be used?
- How many people will be involved. What is their background and experience?
- Will I get to see any evidence? How long will it take you to review evidence and present this back to me?
- What is your policy on confidentiality and how will you assure this?
- Are you insured for this work? This is an important question as you will be letting an individual or group into your home or business - you want to be assured that in the event of an incident or accident they are properly insured and indemnified. Ask for a copy of the insurance certificate.
- What follow up help can I expect? e.g. If you continue to experience activity, will they come back?
- Is there a charge? Groups and individuals will have their own feelings and thoughts on this. Beyond Belief Paranormal Events do not charge for this service. However, individuals are giving up their time to help and some will be doing this type of work as a living. It might not be unreasonable for groups to ask for out of pocket expenses, particularly if there is significant travel involved. At the end of the day you will need to make your own decision as to whether this is something you feel comfortable paying for. If you wish to pay for a service provided, make sure you are clear about what you are receiving for your money. As always - trust your instincts! Please note that the Beyond Belief Paranormal team does not accept donations for the work they do with clients.